Thursday, March 01, 2007

This is really the end ...


It's official: Hollywood is truly out of ideas. And yeah, I know I've, for one, have been hearing those claims since at least 1998 - mainly because I've been muttering them to myself since then. But this time, I really mean it. That's because, according to Variety, ABC is taking those frustrated cavemen from the Geico commercials and - I swear to God - building an actual sitcom around them. The show, expertly entitled Cavemen, will find three of the hairy and harried breed trying to lead normal lives as 30somethings in Atlanta. (Atlanta? Why?) No word on casting yet, though I hear Ted McGinley is available.


I guess it could have been worse - the sitcom could have starred that blasted gecko with the English accent. Oh, wait, he's the director! (Not. I think.)

No comments: